Big data and data science become mature and it’s the great time to take your corporation as a data-driven organization. There are lots of fruitful facts for a business using data analytics as an ordinary operation and management tool.
- Improve the Brand image
- Attract audience by picking the right content (product / service)
- Simplify the meaning
- Leverage the power and reach of social media
Entrepreneur Magazine (original article)
HMV is a failure example of traditional company and the streaming service is now about 34% of the total earning of the Music industry. There are still lots of people getting their living in the Music industry in alternative ways. With the Internet, all business is facing competition globally. It is important for businesses to improve themselves with the help of data.
We would like to share an article in the TDWI website by Irina Peregud. It is talking about the 5 characteristics of a Data-driven company. With the digital age nowadays, data analytics play a more vital role on the business development.
(Original Article in English)
For the 5 characteristics mentioned, they are:
- Creative executives who run their businesses with passion and curiosity
- Data democratization – related to the level of disclosure of data
- Data literacy – employees’ ability to read, work, analyze, and argue with data
- Automation of data management workloads – lots of manual work will kill the possibility of “data-driven”.
- A companywide, data-driven culture – education plays a very important role for the culture
We would like to borrow the ideas for different experts to help clients working out a real data-driven organization. With SDI team experience, data-driven culture is the most critical characteristic (especially the mind-set of top management)