In this week, we would like to share an article with highlighting the keys of success for Machine Learning.
For the original article, the author(s) had list out the keys of success for machine learning:
- Start small with Machine Learning – this is similar to all other data analytic projects to have a smaller scoped for better management
- Machine Learning Must Have Data Quality to Succeed – data is the most important ingredient for data analytic; so, the quality is critical.
- No Universal Machine Learning Algorithms – Machine Learning itself is the approach to solve one single “specific” problem and the related algorithms should be unique by the corresponding use-case.
Original Article at DataVersity.net
Sharon Di, assistant professor of civil engineering and engineering mechanics at Columbia Engineering, has discovered the patterns of traveling highly related to the types of people. The research is based on data collected by University of Michigan Transportation Institute (UMTRI) with 349 vehicles’ continuous one-year mobile traces (19,130 travel activities).
- Seniors, who travel to a wider variety of places in a day
- Workers, who stay mostly at work or at home
- Parents, who visit more individual places in a day
News Shared by insideBigData.com
Recently, the mainland China technology giant Tencent has published their big data research report on the usage pattern on WeChat (similar to WhatsApp mobile App). They have found that people born in 90s most stressful. On the other hand, people born in 70s are those with most leisure time.
In our opinion, the findings should be valuable for planning in the society. However, the privacy should be maintained and only “masked” identity should be used for analysis.
Big data and data science become mature and it’s the great time to take your corporation as a data-driven organization. There are lots of fruitful facts for a business using data analytics as an ordinary operation and management tool.
- Improve the Brand image
- Attract audience by picking the right content (product / service)
- Simplify the meaning
- Leverage the power and reach of social media
Entrepreneur Magazine (original article)
HMV is a failure example of traditional company and the streaming service is now about 34% of the total earning of the Music industry. There are still lots of people getting their living in the Music industry in alternative ways. With the Internet, all business is facing competition globally. It is important for businesses to improve themselves with the help of data.
As 2019 is just started, it is time to share different experts’ viewpoints on the trends in data science.
It’s very interesting that they are saying something “not too surprised” and many of them are running in reality. For example, large corporation management like Oracle is still talking about the Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) with the interview with technopedia.com.
Article by Technopdiea.com
However, there is another article trying to consolidate different sources to see any common ground about the data science trends in 2019.
Article by DataVersity.net
In this article, more different areas are being covered such as Virtual Reality and Information Security.
To sum up, it is more mature to have more solutions by the support of data science. We are moving from data analytics to intelligent automation.